A) BTIF Program Eligibility
A number of evaluation factors are used in the review of each application and this list is not definitive. Further information may be required in the final evaluation of an application.
Eligible SMEs targeted under the program could include, but are not limited to those which fall under the following industry sector categories:
- Advanced Manufacturing
- Clean Technology
All applicants should be prepared to provide further documentation in the process of due diligence.
- Businesses operating on a full-time basis for a minimum of one year, with a valid Canadian business number are eligible.
- Established seasonal businesses are eligible.
- Business must be located in Northeastern Ontario within the Blue Sky Net service region.
- Hobby and part-time businesses are not eligible.
- Please note that Municipalities and Not-for-Profit organisations are not eligible to apply under this round of funding.
If you are not sure if your business is eligible for the BTIF program, please contact Blue Sky Net:
ICT Community Outreach Coordinator
B) Terms of the Program
- Must have a minimum of two quotes from Northeastern Ontario vendors who are registered as BTIF Developers.
- Quotes over a year old will be considered invalid and will not be accepted.
- Eligible applicants must participate in pre-consultation sessions with Blue Sky Net advisers.
- Work undertaken prior to being approved for the program is not eligible for funding.
- Invoices and receipts for eligible expenses and proof of payment must be provided for a claim to be processed.
- Successful applicants must participate in three brief follow-up surveys which assess the effectiveness of their project solution after it has been completed and implemented.
To ensure that you are eligible for assistance, you must complete and submit:
- BTIF Step 1 application.
- Once the BTIF Step 1 application has been completed and received by Blue Sky Net advisers, you have received your consultation and your quotes have been reviewed, you will be sent the BTIF Step 4: Pre-Agreement document.
- A project may only begin once the BTIF applicant has received notification that they have been approved for the program and have received a formal letter of offer.
It is not acceptable to move forward with the work prior to applying to the program or application approval.