Blue Sky Net is presently not able to accept further applications for the BEAM program. Please follow Blue Sky Net on Twitter, Facebook or by joining our mailing list to stay up-to-date with news regarding the BEAM program.
A) BEAM Program Eligibility
A number of evaluation factors are used in the review of each application and this list is not definitive. Further information may be required in the final evaluation of an application.
All applicants should be prepared to provide further documentation in the process of due diligence.
- Businesses operating on a full-time basis for a minimum of one year, with a valid Canadian business number are eligible
- Established seasonal businesses are eligible
- Business must be located in Northeastern Ontario within the Blue Sky Net service region
- Hobby and part-time businesses are not eligible
- Please note that Municipalities and Not-for-Profit organisations are not eligible to apply under this round of funding.
- A business who has previously received funding from the BEAM program may potentially be eligible for funding under the following conditions:
- Three years has passed since the completion date of the original BEAM-funded project.
- If applying within three years of the completion of the original BEAM-funded project, a business may potentially receive funding if the original project received funding below the $5,000.00 funding cap. The new project is potentially eligible for funding of up to a maximum of $5,000.00 combined with the funding provided from the previous project.
- Example: If my business received funding from the BEAM program in 2015 which totalled $4,000.00 and I am applying for BEAM funding for a project in 2017, my business is potentially eligible for funding of up to a maximum of $1,000.00, totalling $5,000.00.
B) Terms of the Program
- Must have a minimum of two quotes from Northeastern Ontario vendors who are registered as BEAM Developers.
- Quotes over a year old will be considered invalid and will not be accepted.
- Eligible applicants must participate in pre-consultation sessions with Blue Sky Net advisers.
- Work undertaken prior to being approved for the program is not eligible for funding.
- Successful applicants must participate in a brief follow-up survey.
- Receipts for eligible expenses and proof of payment must be provided for a claim to be processed.
To ensure that you are eligible for assistance, you must complete and submit the Step 1 BEAM Project Worksheet and Step 2 vendor quotes for approval before your vendor starts working on the project. Once the project worksheet has been completed and received by Blue Sky Net advisers, you will be sent the Step 3 BEAM application to further determine your eligibility. A project may only begin once the BEAM applicant has received notification that they have been approved for the program.
It is not acceptable to move forward with the work prior to applying to the program or application approval.